Who doesn’t like new things? Whether it’s the latest fashion, the most modern technology or the trendiest in car design, there’s a real appeal to owning something new. The same sense of pride is also applicable to home ownership. There can be any number of advantages to owning a new or newly built home – here are just a few.
(1) If your home is still under construction you can have a say in its finishing. If the home is being custom built for you the opportunity exists to have the builder customize the home before construction is completed to your unique specifications. Paint schemes, fixture selections, choice of wood, the options are limited only by budget and imagination.
(2) Unless you’re the real handyman type of person having a new construction home means the work is already done for you. You don’t have to lift a finger, a paint brush, or a hammer, just move in and enjoy.
(3) When purchasing a newly constructed home you will have access to the latest fit and finishes, items that simply might not be available in the purchase of an older model. For example new homes come with some of the design elements that today’s lifestyle demands such as an open floor plan, eat-in kitchens, walk-in closets, large master baths and Jacuzzi tub just to name a few.
(4) A big financial benefit of owning a new property is that you won’t have to do much maintenance, at least for the foreseeable future. As a new home comes complete with brand new appliances, plumbing, heating, and air conditioning, as a result the property should operate worry free for years. This also extends to the roof and other structural elements, which might require repair or replacement in a classic home.
(5) By making use of the latest generation of construction materials newly constructed homes are typically much more energy efficient and better insulated which translates into lower utility bills. The use of modern insulation alone will make a new home more comfortable year round than in a more vintage property.
(6) New homes and condominiums are often equipped with the latest technology built right in such as burglar and smoke alarm systems, wired audio speaker systems, Internet cabling and the home will undoubtedly be wired for cablevision. This will eliminate the need to retrofit a pre-existing home to make it 21st Century compliant.
(7) The other plus of owning a brand new home, aside from that undeniable ‘new home smell’ is the satisfaction of knowing it’s yours, that you and your family represent the starting point in the property’s history. If the home still stands a century from now you will have been its original owner, writing in essence the first chapter in the home’s long story.
The list could go on but the key message is that while an older home, especially a classic charmer, has its own unique appeals for certain buyers, owning a new built home also offers rewards that set it apart from all other real estate choices.